As a Product Designer at Meal Ticket, you will utilize agile, user-centered design methods to gather insights about Meal Ticket’s users and transform them into innovative and intuitive user experiences.
The primary responsibility of the SaaS Product Designer is to lead the UX design efforts of our Product team, ensuring that the software we create reflects the requirements and top-notch experience that we promise to customers. This should be done through consistent application of modern product management discipline, including abundant product discovery via user research and prototyping, and an overall product-led strategy approach to support the up-front design and downstream Lean/Agile development. As one of the first designers on our team, you will also contribute to the creation of our design standards, principles, and ways of working, to ensure consistency, innovation, and excellence are ingrained in how user experience is developed at the company.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate across a small product team to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Execute designs across Meal Ticket’s different product platforms
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help detail the complete product experience from user flows down to the micro-interactions
- Contribute to Meal Ticket’s design system and improve and evolve our visual design language
- Visual and Interactive Design – Develop a user experience and graphical interface that is consistent, usable, and valuable, driving innovation and enhancing brand identity. Create wireframes and higher fidelity mockups for testing and validation, and final comps for execution by engineering.
- User Experience – Lead the development of information architecture, internal processes, and best practices to ensure that user experience is a primary driver for how products and services are designed at Meal Ticket, that the quality of user experience can be measured, and is being constantly improved based on qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- User Research – Assist in the process of stakeholder interviews, requirements gathering, persona development, and solution validation for software products. Collaborate with the Product team to ensure that these requirements deliver value, and are successfully detailed, and prioritized for the engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience in design of complex software products, preferably in B2B SaaS applications dealing with complex data integration and operational processes.
- An inspiring portfolio demonstrating your work, including artifacts and examples produced throughout the entire software product development lifecycle, and reflecting human-centered design and user research data.
- Accomplished in visual and interactive design, from wireframes to logo and icon design, to larger composite diagrams, visualizations, and full high-fidelity interface designs.
- Experienced in defining information architecture and structuring applications to enable intuitive use and pleasing user experiences.
- Expertise in product discovery activities, including conducting user interviews, eliciting requirements, developing personas, and building journey maps.
- Experience with the application of various techniques used in product design, including human-centered design, design thinking, rapid prototyping, and quick validation strategies, as well as Agile/Lean development.
- Broad expertise in tools used in product and user experience design, including design and wireframing, user testing and validation, A/B testing, sprint planning, and retrospection, product management and road mapping, user analytics, surveys, and feedback.
- Must be able to write, present, and communicate with effectiveness and authority.
- Preference for working within a rapidly changing, exciting, early-stage organization.
Desired (but not required):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Visual or Interactive Design, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Front-end development experience.
- Familiarity with brand strategy and the subtleties of market perception.
- Experience creating a design system.
- Foodservice industry knowledge is not required, but a plus.
Work Status: Full-time, Salaried
Benefits: Meal Ticket offers an unlimited PTO plan and 15 company-designated paid holidays. The company also extends a “paid vacation” stipend in which an employee is paid up to $2,000 to be applied towards vacation expenses. This includes hotel, airfare, recreational equipment rentals, and so forth. This amount is prorated the first year of employment based on time of service that the vacation request is made. The company will provide employees with the opportunity to participate in the standard benefits plan currently available to all other Meal Ticket employees. The company will also offer medical and dental plans, along with a 401(k) plan. You will be able to enroll in these health benefits on the first day of employment.